Univar serves a diverse set of end markets across the U.S. Our industry-focused model provides superior technical support and innovation to meet customers’ needs and increase our sales channel effectiveness for suppliers.
We provide customers with a one-stop-shop solution for their complete chemical needs.
By providing a fully-integrated solution in each industry, we make it easier for customers to consolidate chemical purchasing with us.
Our U.S. industries include:
- Coatings & Adhesives – We have a large team of industry and product specialists offering solvents, resins, pigments, and other thickeners used to make paints, inks, glues, and other binders.
- Food Ingredients – Our experts have developed marketing tools that simplify the ingredient selection process and provide products that meet the key trends impacting the food industry.
- Household & Industrial Cleaning – We work with thousands of large and small formulators that require a multitude of chemical ingredients to make cleaning products and detergents that are safe for home and industrial use.
- Oil & Gas – Our strength in the oil and gas sector comes from our expert team of chemicals and petroleum engineers and other professionals with decades of experience.
- Personal Care – Our business development specialists and industry specialists work with our customer formulators and assist them with their product innovations for a wide array of personal care products.
- Pharma Ingredients – We are uniquely positioned in the pharmaceutical industry because of our product portfolio, logistics footprint, and customized solutions to meet the needs of a highly regulated industry.
In addition to the major U.S. end markets, Univar also has expertise in niche, specialty markets. For example:
- Environmental Sciences (formerly Professional Products and Services, PP&S) – ES is the largest distributor of pest control products and equipment in North America (USA, Canada & Mexico) with more than 70 Pro Centers. We service Central & South America, the Caribbean and the Middle East. We serve the needs of our customers in the structural pest control, public health (vector), turf & ornamental, food processing, post harvest, animal health, and hay production markets.