DOWNERS GROVE, lll. – May 4, 2016 –In today’s performance-driven personal care market, active ingredients often tell the story. But, it's the unique combination of emollients, emulsifiers, rheology modifiers, and color that delivers the performance and results that keep consumers buying.
At the upcoming 2016 NYSCC Suppliers’ Day on May 10 – 11, Univar’s Personal Care team will present several new prototype formulations that leverage market trends, Univar’s strategic suppliers, and the formulating expertise required for both high-performance and total-cost-of-formulation requirements.
“Univar is uniquely positioned to help manufacturers and brand owners keep pace by delivering a total solution – specialty ingredients, formulation expertise and supply chain logistics – required for success in a competitive personal care market,” said Kelly Gilroy, Senior Director, Univar Personal Care, and Household and Industrial Cleaning. “We’ve created new formulations for multicultural markets by understanding claims-driving ingredients and leveraging our significant formulation expertise. We also developed mass-market formulations with new data to demonstrate preservation efficacy for challenging applications in extended pH ranges with globally acceptable, cost-effective preservation systems.”
Univar will be exhibiting at this year’s two-day event in booth 601 at the New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center, where Univar Personal Care experts will be on hand to demonstrate the company’s unique portfolio of specialty ingredients from Corbion, Dow Corning, Emerald Performance Materials, Evonik, Ingredion, New Phase Technologies, Novacyl, Penreco, Stepan, Sun Chemical, and the company’s newest additions: Jungbunzlauer and Dastech. Univar’s Multi-Cultural prototype formulations will be on display, including
- Multicultural Sulfate-Free Shampoo – Abyssinian Oil-based sulfate-free shampoo for multicultural hair types
- Multicultural Detangling Shampoo – Monoi Oil adds unique properties to a shampoo designed specifically for multicultural hair types
- Edge Gel – Seals cornrows with shine to maintain the wet look
- Multicultural Styling Gel – Styling product enhances shine and moisturization
- Multicultural Hair Masque – Leave-in conditioner provides healthy hair look and moisturization
- Braid Serum – Protects braids with a moisturizing serum of Monoi and Morigna Oils
Additional prototypes highlighting new ingredients and new preservation efficacy data will also be available including:
- Matte Lip Gloss – Vibrant color that goes on and stays matte
- Continuous Moisturization – Maintains that in-shower moisturization all day long
- Wrinkle-Reducing Neck Cream – A beautiful cream that feels soft and smooth while reducing the appearance of wrinkles
- Tattoo Protecting Sunscreen – Estimated SPF 40 to protect skin and maintain new ink
- Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Retro Body Cream – Formulated using new data supporting globally acceptable preservation
“Preservation in personal care has changed significantly in the last several years,” said Gilroy.“Ten years ago, there were numerous safe, easy-to-formulate, globally acceptable options that were ‘drop in’ solutions. Today, globally acceptable preservative options are limited due to pH requirements, high use levels, base-odor concerns, and finished product clarity and viscosity requirements. In addition, unique preservation systems are often required for each application, and the net result is that preservation systems have become an up-front consideration in formula development and often a larger cost contributor.”
New data supports the use of Emerald’s food-grade preservatives in personal care cleansing systems as a “drop in” solution. Unlike many other paraben-free alternatives, these materials are economical for all surfactant systems and globally acceptable. New data shows efficacy in even near-neutral wash-off systems using both sodium benzoate and combinations with benzyl alcohol.
To learn more about this exciting new data on the use of globally acceptable preservation systems and the latest in personal care trends and specialty ingredients, visit with the Univar Personal Care team during the 2016 NYSCC Suppliers’ Day in booth 610.
About Univar Inc.
Founded in 1924, Univar is a global distributor of specialty and basic chemicals from more than 8,000 producers worldwide. Univar operates more than 800 distribution facilities throughout North America, Western Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, and Latin America, supported by a global network of sales and technical professionals. With a broad portfolio of products and value-added services, and deep technical and market expertise, Univar delivers the tailored solutions customers need through one of the most extensive chemical distribution networks in the world. Univar is Chemistry DeliveredSM.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Scott C. Johnson