Univar to Showcase New Skincare Prototype at 2015 NYSCC Suppliers’ Day
11 May 2015
DOWNERS GROVE, Ill., May 11, 2015 – Univar, a leading global distributor of personal care ingredients, will be introducing its “Uniquely Univar (UU)” correcting cream – a novel, multipurpose formulation designed to help consumers achieve healthy skin without the need for multiple products. Univar will be providing samples of this high-performance correcting cream, as well as other innovations, in booth #1355 at the upcoming New York Society of Cosmetic Chemists (NYSCC) Suppliers’ Day, on May 12 – 13, 2015, at the New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center.
“This formulation highlights Univar’s ability to provide access to the specialty ingredients and formulation expertise that address the consumer demand for multipurpose solutions,” said Kelly Gilroy, Senior Director, Univar Personal Care. “We were able to incorporate ingredients that offer results while delivering a convenient product that colors, conceals, corrects, and moisturizes skin.”
The UU Correcting Cream prototype solution includes a broad selection of high-performing ingredients available through Univar’s strategic suppliers:
- KELTROL® CG from CP Kelco: Provides lubricity, uniform spreading, and a pleasant, light skin feel, even in the presence of salts or other ionic components.
- PERFORMACOLTM 350 from New Phase Technologies: Offers excellent film formers which condition the hair and skin while delivering skincare actives.
- XIAMETER® PMX-200/350 from Dow Corning: Imparts a soft, velvety skin feel while protecting and moisturizing skin.
- PURASAL® MOISTXS from Corbion: Maintains the skin’s moisture and is naturally fermented from carbohydrates.
- STEPAN-MILD® GCC from Stepan: Moisturizes and thickens and is mild, non-sensitizing and non-irritating to both eyes and skin.
- SunPuro® from Sun Chemical: Pigments delivering high levels of purity and surpassing all global regulations for actives.
Other skin and haircare prototypes available at the NYSCC Suppliers’ Day will include a quick-dry hair gel, wet-look hair gel, hair mascara temporary color, conditioning shampoo, masquerade skin cream, new age body cream, retro body cream, and EZ-ON sunscreen.
“Through our strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading personal care ingredient suppliers and our own deeply knowledgeable technical team, Univar can help bring formulations to market faster in a cost-effective way,” added Gilroy.